The trust department of Bruning State Bank was established in February 1991. Our mission is to assist clients to "Build and Maintain Wealth" and to provide professional trust services to our clients at a reasonable cost.
No matter your age, family status, or wealth, your long-term financial plan should include provisions for maintaining control over the distribution of your estate. It is important that you consider how you want your assets to pass to your heirs, as well as how to alleviate the stress of the administrative burden they will face. If you have extensive assets, you may also want to take steps to help minimize estate taxes.
- You feel your beneficiary is unwilling or unable to invest, manage, or handle the responsibility of an immediate outright gift.
- You want to postpone full ownership until your beneficiary is in a position to handle the property or income properly.
- You want to avoid the probate process and trusts are not filed in the court.
- You want to protect assets from the claims of creditors.
- You want to treat your children/grandchildren equally. By placing all properties in trust and giving all your children equal share of that trust, you equalize both benefits and risks among the children.
- You want all the details of your finances kept as private as legally possible.
Types of Trust Services Available
- Living Trust
- Testamentary Trust
- Revocable Trust
- Irrevocable Trust
- Estate Management
- Power of Attorney
- Farm Management - Learn More
- 1031 Exchanges
The Bruning State Bank Trust Department serves the Bruning, Hebron, Broken Bow, and Holdrege communities and is managed by an experienced, knowledgeable staff of professionals. We look forward to working with you and your attorney on a trust or estate plan that will help you preserve your assets and accomplish your immediate and long-term financial goals!