Anytime. Anywhere. You can bank with us!
You have three options for Mobile Banking services:
|Best for...||How it works...||Features...|
|Android phones & tablets, iPhones, iPads, Kindle Fire tablets
||Download the Bruning State Bank app from Google Play, iTunes or Amazon. Once you install the app, you will still be asked to log in each time you use it. Be sure to try the Deposits feature!
||With the App or Browser, you can:
|Mobile Browser||Blackberry & Windows devices
||Sign up for Mobile Banking through your existing Online Banking access. Once you are activated, you will receive a text message with the link to our mobile site. Bookmark this link and log in there each time you want to use it.|
|Text Banking||Mobile phones without internet||No smartphone? You can still do Mobile Banking! Sign up through your existing Online Banking access. Once you are activated, you can text BSB at any time to receive account information.||With Text Banking, you can:
Click HERE for texting key word list.
Ready to Get Started?
Mobile App – search for Bruning State Bank in your app store:
- For phones, the app will be named "Bruning State Bank Mobile"
in Google Play or iTunes.
- For tablets, the app will be named "Bruning State Bank for Tablet" in Google Play
or "Bruning State Bank for iPad" in iTunes
or "Bruning State Bank" in Amazon.
Download and install the app for your particular device, and you're ready to go! Log in with the same username and password you use for Online Banking.
Mobile Browser and Text Banking – for security and authentication purposes, we require you to sign up for these options through your existing Online Banking access.
- Log in to Online Banking on your computer and have your mobile phone nearby. Click on the “Options” tab at the top of the page, scroll down to the Mobile Banking section, and click “Enroll Now”.
- Check the services in which you’d like to enroll. You may choose more than one. Here is what they mean:
- Mobile Browser – choose this if you’d like to use our mobile site. (For any smartphone or tablet.)
- Mobile App – choose this if you’d like us to send you the app to download instead of finding it in the app store. (For iPhones, iPads, and Android devices only.)
- Text Banking – choose this you’d like to be able to text standard commands to BSB and receive instant, automated replies. (For any mobile phone.)
- SMS Text Alerts – this is the same service as our existing “Alerts” service. It is automatically available to all Online and Mobile Banking users so there is no need to choose this option.
- Click to agree to the Mobile Banking Terms & Conditions and continue following the on-screen instructions.
- Once you’ve entered your mobile phone number, you will receive a text message with a unique activation code. Enter that activation code in Online Banking on your computer.
- You will then receive text messages on how to further activate the services from your mobile device. (If you selected more than one service, you may receive several text messages and will need to follow the instructions for each.)
Please note, the following actions are not available through Mobile Banking at this time:
- Setting up a new bill payment. You may pay existing vendors through Mobile Banking but must set up new ones through Online Banking as a security precaution.
- Setting up recurring transfers. You may make one-time transfers whenever you’d like.
- Making extra loan payments. You may only make your regularly scheduled loan payments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Mobile Banking safe and secure? Yes, we use the latest encryption technology and secure email communications. With the Mobile App and Mobile Browser versions, you will be asked to enter your username and password each time. So even if your phone or tablet were lost or stolen, no one would be able to access your bank accounts without your login credentials. With Text Banking, we will not exchange any private information, such as your full account number, PIN, or social security number, and you cannot initiate any transfers or payments with Text Banking.
Is Mobile Banking free? Yes, it is free from Bruning State Bank. Please keep in mind that standard text messaging and data usage rates from your phone service provider will still apply.
Can I make deposits with Mobile Banking? YES!! As of July 1, you will see a "Deposits" tab when you log in to our Mobile App on your iPhone, iPad, Android phone or tablet, or Amazon Kindle Fire tablet (with rear-facing camera). Simply follow the steps to take a picture of the check and complete your deposit! More Info on Mobile Deposit
Can I use Mobile Banking with a Blackberry or Windows phone? We do not offer an app for Blackberries or Windows phones, but you can certainly use Mobile Browser or Text Banking.
Can I use a tablet, like an iPad, for Mobile Banking? Yes, we now have a separate app specifically designed and optimized for use on iPads, Android tablets, and Kindle Fire tablets.
Can I view my e-statements through Mobile Banking? E-statements and e-notices are only available through our usual Online Banking site.
With Text Banking, how do I know the key words to use in my text messages? You can text "HELP" to BSB's short code (96924) at any time to receive a brief list or click HERE for a full list.
Is Mobile Banking available for Business users? Business Mobile Banking services are still under development at this time.
What if I get a new phone or tablet? You can manage your devices through Online Banking on a computer. Go to the “Options” tab at the top and scroll down to the “Mobile Banking” section.
What if I want to stop using Mobile Banking? You may un-enroll at any time. Log in to Online Banking from a computer, choose “Options” at the top, and scroll down to the “Mobile Banking” section. Under “My Devices”, choose the option to “Stop using this device for Mobile Banking”.
What if my phone or tablet is lost or stolen? Because you are required to log in to Mobile Banking, your account information will still be secure. However, we do encourage you to notify us as soon as possible so we can remove the Mobile Banking permissions from that device.