Mission StatementThe primary mission of Bruning State Bank is to assist clients to:
BUILD AND MAINTAIN WEALTH
Values & PhilosophiesThe pioneer spirit and the determination to survive still lives in our local communities just as it did for our ancestors who settled here. Their roots, like Bruning State Bank, are here to stay. Survival depends on innovating and adjusting to change while respecting our past and our roots.
Just as the times have changed, we as a bank have evolved. We have grown in assets, customer numbers, staff numbers, geographic reach, and especially in services offered. The span of our services has grown beyond what our founders could have ever imagined. In 1891, could they have envisioned the use of online banking, plastic debit cards, or even just a drive-thru teller window?
One thing that has not changed over our nearly 125 years of family banking is our commitment to our customers. We strive to truly know our customers as friends and neighbors and to understand and anticipate how we can best meet each individual's unique financial needs.
"When customers walk through the door of our bank, we want them to think they walked into our living room and feel welcome."
-- Fred D. Bruning (2000)
"We want to remain large enough to serve you, small enough to know you."
-- Frank L. Bruning (1966)
"We serve those who need money, as well as those who have saved it and entrusted this bank with it."
-- Frank L. Bruning (1966)Family Philosophies:
1. Treat people how you would want to be treated.
2. Surround yourself with good people for employees.
3. Don't gouge people. Charge a fair price for the services rendered.
4. Admit what you don't know and make the connection with people who do know.
-- Fred H. Bruning (1965)
Statement For Our FutureAs "Your Country Bank", we pledge to do our best to maintain the confidence of our customers and to deserve their loyalty by:
- Providing high quality, friendly service to agriculture, business, and individuals.
- Providing services at fair prices and competitive rates.
- Being innovative in developing new services and products in response to our customers' needs.
- Respecting, as always, the right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Relying on over one hundred years of experience in making equitable decisions.
- Serving and supporting the communities in our trade area.
- Maintaining our awareness that success comes from customer loyalty, employee dedication, and local ownership of our bank.